Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life Lessons in Photography?

I first spoke with Kristen a few days before our scheduled session.  She stated that they would need senior portraits taken, however would like to take a few additional together if possible.  After the conversation, I gathered that I would be photographing a male high school senior as well as his family...

It had rained the night before and we really weren't sure as to how limited we would be due to its after effects, however decided to go for it anyway.  I waited for Kristen and her family to arrive at Brown's Island this bleak Saturday morning, guessing as each car passed what to expect.  A single mother and her son?  A family of five children?  Would they bring the dog?

As Kristen and Quinton walked up to introduce themselves, I was reminded of how misguided telephone conversations can be.  You see, Quinton would be graduating from Virginia Union University in May and Kristen was not his mother, but his girlfriend :)  I explained to them what I had anticipated and we shared a laugh as I got to know them a little.  And then we were off...
Weathering the cold plus a few outfit changes behind a blanket in the parking lot, the day turned out to be a successful one...




Just a daily reminder that situations, circumstances...and well, life for that matter...may not always be as they appear.  For now, I suppose the only thing left to say is...Congratulations Quinton!!!

1 comment:

  1. First, I'm so excited that you're blogging. Yay!! Second, I love that you shared the story about this experience. Such a good lesson that things may not be what they appear...isn't that SO the truth with many things in life. :)
    xoxo
    -janey-fran

    ReplyDelete