Thursday, April 28, 2011

i am me...no more...no less

Today, I cried...for reasons, for no reason...because I can and because sometimes, it's what I do.  For some reason after crying, I feel pretty.  Random, I know, yet true nonetheless.  Earlier today it rained...the beautiful rain that makes me happy...where the sun shines down and sometimes, rainbows appear.  When the rain and the tears stopped, I set out on an endeavor in my backyard.  I didn't feel like smiling, but my tripod and my timer captured possibly my favorite self photo ever...


I know right?  I can't believe it either.  Anyhow, I took the pics and played around in Lightroom (photo editing software) a little more than usual.  I'm not usually one to care for super edited photos, but today with my serene mood and pictures of myself, I felt artsy.




When I posted these pics to my personal facebook page, they were immediately greeted with a comment from a girlfriend which stated, "i want your flat stomach. super jeal..."  to which I responded, "i want your skinny legs."  In light of my recent activity, this conversation was perfectly placed.  You see, along with my random endeavor came a bit of self reflection.  I am entitled to these days...I am after all, a girl :)  So, being as I am new to this whole blogging thing and many of you do not know me, I thought I would share...
I am not perfect, and I am THE first to admit it.  Nobody is.  But why is it that we are constantly searching for more?  Why is it that we are always wanting something else?  It doesn't matter how many people tell me I am beautiful, it is my own opinion that matters the most.  As I am sure it is the like with each of you.  Today, much like other days before, I sit and ponder why I...we...care so much anyway. 


I am a child of God...a very sovereign God who loves me very much, just the way I am.  Today, as always, I am thankful for grace.  And to all you women out there, you are all beautiful...everyone in their own wonderfully complex way.  I would love to photograph more women as individuals, so if you would like to embark on your own personal endeavor, please contact me.

  <3 xoxo <3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the self portraits. Really like that first one with you and the fence. Of course you look gorgeous, as you have for the last million years :)

    ReplyDelete